end all forms of prostitution and sex trafficking.Our Core Values
- Prostitution is violence against women.
- No one deserves to be bought and sold, and everyone deserves to live free of violence.
- It is important to criminalize the buyer, and decriminalize the bought: to hold the demand accountable, not the victim.
While Breaking Free's primary mission is to provide direct services to victims and survivors, we also aim to:
- Ensure that the services provided are victim-centered, trauma-informed, and operate within a culturally appropriate, age, and gender-specific context;
- Provide permanent housing and rental/placement assistance to our target population;
- Decriminalize victims and encourage the use of pre-court diversion in lieu of criminal charges against women in prostitution;
law enforcement, the criminal justice system, medical professionals,
service providers, educators and students, faith communities, and the community
at large about the effects of commercial sexual exploitation on women;
- Expose prostitution/sex trafficking as violence against women; and
- To stop the demand that drives sex trafficking.