Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Breaking Free. Due to the high volume of inquiries we get and the sensitive nature of the work we do, we ask that you follow the steps below if you are interested in getting involved.
1. Be realistic about the time and frequency that you are available. Some of the volunteer opportunities require a one year weekly commitment while others are one time service projects.
2. Click here to read our current list of needs 2012 Volunteer Opportunities
3. If you desire to work in any area that is more than a one-time service project please complete the volunteer application and mail it back to our P.O. Box 4366 St. Paul, MN 55104 or e-mail it along with your resume to the address below.
4. Register for and attend one of the volunteer orientation trainings. Volunteer Trainings for 2012 are going to be held as follows:
April 18, 2012, August 23, 2012 and November 14th, 2012. All sessions will be held at the Rondo Library from 6:00pm-7:30pm. Please RSVP to the e-mail below.
5. If you have a particular skill or idea, a group project, or are able to teach a life skills class not listed on the opportunity sheet please
e-mail us directly
Internships: We are currently filling a few positions with extended internships. Interns must be able to commit to 8-10 hours per week for at least 6-12 months. We do not have the capability to oversee any Masters level therapy/counseling/social work students. All internships applicants must follow the instructions above, as well as, submit a cover letter, resume, two letters of reference, a 200 word essay and the Internship Agreement Form.
Please send resumes and any other questions to Terry at firstname.lastname@example.org